Saturday, 2 December 2017

Korean Skincare From Earth & Elixir // First Impressions

I was contacted a little while ago by the lovely Shannon from Earth & Elixr, who asked if I wanted to try out some south Korean skincare goodies. Of course, I accepted and she was very generous and sent though some lovely products for me to try. I've never actually tried any Korean skincare but I know its taken the world by storm a little bit, so I'm probably a little late to the bandwagon but better late than never.



The first product she sent was the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask*. This is rich in Vitamin C and works to break down dead skin cells and reveal plump, moisturised lips by the morning. I've been using this pretty much every night since I got it and I can genuinely say its made a huge difference. My lips are always dry and flakey at this time of year but this lip balm seriously works wonders overnight! Secondly, the Benton Honest Cleansing Foam* which I have some mixed feelings about. I need to keep using this to work out wether I like it or not but it has a strange consistency and its quite sticky to use, even with plenty water. I don't hate it but its kind of annoying to wash my face with and it leaves an oily feeling residue on my skin after I use it too. I definitely need to use a toner after this, and while it does make my skin feel very cleansed and refreshed and I don't suffer from any tightness after using it, something about it just hasn't stuck with me just yet. Its also a cruelty free product (as are all products mentioned in this post) but its formulated with palm oil, so although not tested on animals it doesn't really help with the contribution of the destruction of our rainforests and animals homes. Thirdly is the Thank You Farmer True Water Deep Serum*, which has definitely been giving my other serums a run for their money! A little of this goes a long way, and even after only having this on the skin for 5-10 minutes, it does some serious plumping. It has hyaluronic acid, which is known for boosting moisture in the skin and it certainly does just that. It has a lovely smooth consistency and it really feels like it does a world of good for my forever-dry face. I'm keen to keep using this as it feels like the kind of serum that will prevent ageing, but I guess time will tell! Last but not least is the Huxley Glow Awakening Cream*. Huxley being one of the only brands in this post I'd heard of prior to receiving these products! This cream is pretty amazing, its pretty thick and its massively moisturising but its a definite winner for this time of year when my skin is drier than normal. I cant wear this under makeup as its a little too thick but at night time it works really well paired with the True Water Deep Serum. When I pair these two, I wake up with super plump, moisturised skin that looks like I've just some botox or a facial! I definitely want to try more Korean skincare, as so far I'm pretty impressed. If you're looking to get your hands on some of these products, or find your next k-beauty fix then look no further than Earth & Elixir.

Have you tried any K-Beauty products?

*products sent for review, all opinions are my own. Full disclaimer here.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig