Sunday, 26 November 2017

Full Coverage Heros

I'm not always one for a full coverage look but its coming into party season and I like my base to look flawless when I'm breaking out a smokey eye. I thought I'd share my favourites for keeping my base flawless but not cakey.



In my opinion a good full coverage look always starts with a good primer and I've definitely got a few favourites. An old favourite is The Ordinary High Spreadability Fluid Primer because it just smooths everything out with its super silicone feeling. I'm not always a fan of a slippy base but depending on the foundation and how dry my skin is, it can work really well. A more recent favourite is the Becca Backlight Priming Filter. Theres something about it thats just really beautiful. Even with a full coverage foundation on top, this glow still shines through and it really helps full coverage to still look like skin and not look flat. The next two are kind of a primer combination. The Farsali Unicorn Essence paired with the Huda Beauty Complexion Perfection has been my go-to primer for the last couple of weeks. The essence plumps up my skin and adds some serious moisture and glow and the perfector smoothes over my pores and gives me a very even base work with so overall its a win win situation. When it comes to foundation itself I only really have two that I reach for. First up is The Ordinary Coverage Foundation, because as the name suggests, it adds plenty of coverage. I like how this has a pretty runny consistency but it still manages to keep my skin looking flawless. It can stick to dry patches a little but it definitely gives me a very smooth look if I prime well enough. My second choice is the Vichy Dermablend Foundation*, which is a favourite of many looking for a full coverage look. Its much more heavy duty than The Ordinary's offering but it definitely gives a lot of coverage. Its not something I can use on my super dry skin alone, I usually have to mix this with a bit of moisturiser or some of the Fasali Essence to make it sit well, but when applied right it looks absolutely amazing. Of course, any foundation I apply has got to be applied with the Beauty Blender. I haven't tried anything else that gives such a perfected look! For Powder, If I'm going all out I'll use the Urban Decay Naked Skin Powder Foundation. This is hands down my favourite powder to use, it has such a smooth consistency and leaves a very smooth and perfected look to the skin too! If I'm feeling like my skin has plenty coverage already, I reach for my trusty Vichy Dermablend Powder* which is translucent and super finely milled so it leaves the skin set in place without adding any colour. This stuff has been a favourite of mine for a long time, as it really keeps my makeup in place all night!

What are your favourites for a flawless look?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig