Tuesday, 21 November 2017

Cult Beauty Haul & 2017 Goodie Bag

Sooo..  I've been doing some shopping! Not only did I get some beauty bits for my birthday, I spent too much money on Cult Beauty recently and ended up with their 2017 Goodie bag (which unfortunately is over now) so I thought why not share the mountain of beauty things I have to try out over the next little while!






I'll start with what I actually purchased.. I firstly (finally) picked up the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in Medium Brown, and even though I've only been using it for a week. It is hands down the best brow gel I've tried to date. The consistency is just so smooth and makes filling in the brows super easy. 

I've got to keep these little reviews/mentions short or else this post will be as long as my next wishlist! Next I decided to give the Farsali Unicorn Essence a try, mostly because they're a vegan brand and they seem to be everywhere I look on Instagram right now. I've used this a couple of times as a primer before makeup and it definitely adds a lovely glow to my skin, but I definitely need to use it more to have a proper opinion. 

It was about time I gave the Pixi/Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse a go, because I love Pixi skincare and I've been meaning to use it for the longest time. I've used it once, and I wasn't blown away on first impressions but it definitely left my skin feeling clean. Again, more use will allow me to know for sure! 

I Picked up the Alpha-H Petite Holiday Collection, because I've been too scared to try Liquid Gold for the longest time and trying the Rose Gold version seemed like a good idea when it comes in a set with other things I can give a go as well. I've used the Liquid Rose Gold twice, and both times my skin felt pretty stingy, I haven't noticed and miracles happening on my face but I guess time will tell. The set also comes with a cleaner and moisturiser, which I am yet to try. 

I got a couple things from Becca, because I've never used any of their products before! I picked up the Luminous Blush in Snapdragon (its so beautiful on the skin) and the Mini Shimmering Skin Perfector in Vanilla Quartz. Both of these have such a lovely, smooth consistency when I apply them and thankfully don't emphasise my dry skin. 

I am very impressed! Lastly, I picked up an old favourite, the NYX Microbrow pencil in Brunette. It has a super fine point and I love it for filling in the front part of my brows. 

Next up, I'll talk about the Goodie Bag. 

1. NYX Strobe of Genius Palette, this has some super pretty shades in it. Some feel a bit chunkier than others but overall it seems like a good highlighting palette for the money. I've only used a couple  of the shades so far but they definitely gave me that glow that I like to have going on! 

2. Sunday Riley Good Genes, I haven't actually used this but its meant to be good for reducing fine lines so I have high hopes for when I do decide to give it a go. 

3. Lime Crime Velvetine in Pumpkin, this is a pretty red-orange shade which is totally different from everything else in my collection. I have mixed feelings about the formula of these lipsticks so when I try this one I will report back. 

4. Tata Harper Regerating Cleanser, I'm probably going to give this a go once my current cleansers I have on rotation are empty but I want to try this as its meant to be great for clearing pores - something my skin definitely needs help with. 

5. Huda Beauty Complexion Perfection, I've been using this non stop since I got it. I don't know what it is but it has such a lovely thick consistency that just smoothes everything out and creates such a flawless base to work with. 

6. The Ordinary 100% Plant Derived Squalene, I actually already have this and really enjoy it when my skin needs a little moisture boost so I'll probably end up giving this to a friend or family member! 


7. Indie Lee CoQ 10 Toner - again I'm yet to try this but I do love a good toner and when I get round to trying it I will definitely report back if I like it. 

8. Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream, I haven't had a chance to try this on my face amongst all the other skincare things I've been trying lately but I used this on the bag of my hand and loved how it felt, hopefully the same results transfer to my face.

9. Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist - I love Pixi as a brand and this spray definitely didn't disappoint. I'm not a huge believer that makeup sprays really make that much of a difference to the longevity of my makeup but this mist is really fine and definitely removes any kind of powdery look which is exactly what I want a face mist to do!

10. skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Eye Patches - I cannot wait to try these! I actually wanted to try a lot more stuff from skyn in this haul but everything I've had my eye on was out of stock. I have super dry under eyes and anything I can do my perk up my dark circles is a winner for me. I can just imagine myself having a bath with these on right now!

11. DCL Hydra Boost Finishing Serum, I've actually never heard of this brand of this serum before so I am intrigued to give this a go and see what happens!

12. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal, this is one of those highlighters loved by everyone and I can see why. Its a lovely shade and the formula is just so buttery and perfect. I think I'm going to end up with an entire collection of these cheek products before we know it.

13. Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel - I can already say that I will most definitely be repurchasing this when it runs out, it literally glues my brows into place and stops them flying around throughout the day. I haven't used anything so strong on my brows before and I love it.

14. Nudestix Eye Pencil in Smoke - I'm yet to use this because I don't really wear a lot of makeup on a daily basis but it looks like a pretty colour that I could smudge along my top last line for some dimension. Again, I will share my thoughts once I've given it a go.

15. Oskia City Life I-Zone Balm, I actually don't know much about this product so I really need to do some research but I think its an eyecream/lip balm situation and I'm intrigued to try it out!

16. Touch In Sol Mini Metalist Liquid Foil & Glitter Duo. I haven't used this on my eyes yet but I tried it on the back of my hand and this will definitely be getting a lot of love over the Christmas season! Its such a pretty duo that I think will be great for some festive looks.

So theres a lot here, keep your eyes out as these products filter their way through into some reviews in due course!


Have you made any beauty splurges lately?



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig