Friday, 13 October 2017

The Dolce Vita // Charlotte Tilbury First Impressions

Hello! Charlotte Tilbury is one of those brands I've wanted to try for years now. I had this struggle where I just couldn't decide what to try from the brand, simply because so many of their products get so much love. I decided to just go for it and order The Dolce Vita set, which has plenty of the brands  most loved products inside a pretty makeup bag.



I haven't included swatches of everything here in this post, because there are loads of swatches online and I'm also full of the cold and don't want to infect any of my makeup either! I thought I would just share my first thoughts/impressions of the brand and give you a quick overview of everything. Firstly, everything is very beautifully packaged, as you would expect from a brand that has a hefty price tag to go along with its products. The combination of rose gold and dark burgundy feels very luxurious and everything feels nice and sturdy too. I think its firstly worth mentioning the very beautiful eyeshadow palette. The Dolce Vita packs a pretty dark, burnt red, a light champagne, a dark satin brown and a stunning  gold glitter. I feel like this little palette could benefit from one of the shades being matte, but I've worn this a couple of times and I just used my bronzer through my crease before using this. All the shades are beautiful and I didn't have any fallout what so ever when using this either. The glitter shade isn't really anything without using your brush wet, but when used correctly is really rather stunning. So far since getting these products I've used the Cheek to Chic (shade Ecstasy) every single day. Its a totally me shade and leaves a really nice flush of colour on the skin. Its also very finely milled so it sits really well without looking like you've got powder on the skin. This set came with the famous Lip Cheat in Pillowtalk, and I can see why its a favourite. Its very much a my lips but better kind of colour that I could wear on its own with a lip balm or pair it with some of my nude lipsticks. The Kissing Lipstick in Penelope Pink thats part of this collection isn't really a favourite shade for me, I wish it was a tiny bit darker than it is but I can still get away with wearing it. The formula is very smooth and feels lovely to wear however, it also lasted really well and wore off evenly too. A big favourite for me is the Lip Lustre in Seduction, a very pretty nude gloss that doesn't feel sticky or overly gloopy! Its very smooth and adds a nice shine to any lip look. I will say that I haven't actually tried the mascara yet, simply because I don't like to have more than one mascara open at a time. My beloved Kiko mascara is almost at the end of its life so I'll be opening this in the next few days I imagine. Lastly, is the The Feline Flick which genuinely blew me away. Its rivalling my love for the Too Faced Sketch Liner thats been my favourite for a really long time now! This has a much finer point, and its super super black. All in all, I'm very pleased with my picks from Charlotte Tilbury and I know it won't be long before I'm placing another order.

Have you tried Charlotte Tilbury?

The Dolce Vita - available here

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig