Sunday, 27 August 2017

New In My Beauty Stash

Even though I may have had a little break from blogging, it didn't stop me from shopping and picking up some new  beauty bits here and there. I thought I'd round up some of my purchases and share with you what I've been hauling lately.


First things worth mentioning are the foundations that The Ordinary launched. Its been near impossible to get a hold of these but somehow I managed a month or so back! I got both the Serum Foundation and the Coverage Foundation, and in all honesty I really wanted to love these. I've been trying them for a while now and I don't think they're going to be favourites, even through I was really impressed initially, something about them doesn't seem to 100% get along with my skin. I'm going to keep trying though because my skin has been playing up lately and that could be the reasoning behind it. I also picked up another Aveeno Moisturiser, because its the only thing that soothes my dry skin when its having a crazy bad day, and trust me: I've tried a lot of moisturisers. I've been trying the Seventeen Skin Wow Concealer and I can report that this has become my new favourite, even though I actually finished it today and it doesn't seem to last very long, its an amazing concealer. Obviously I think its supposed to mimic the famous YSL concealer, but I don't mind a good affordable dupe in my life. It has a very peachy undertone to it so it makes my under eyes look amazing. I decided to try a new body scrub as I've kind of always stuck to the same few, I was brave and tried my first product from & Other Stories. The Perle de Coco Body Scrub is the most beautiful smelling thing I've ever tried! It kind of reminds me of summer and beaches with a hint of vanilla, and its also a pretty good body scrub too, especially for removing fake tan. After a few chunks fell off my last Beauty Blender I thought it was probably time to invest in a new pretty pink sponge, I love these things so much, I honestly cant apply concealer or powder without a Beauty Blender now! Primer wise I bit the bullet and got the Becca Backlight Priming Filter, just because the whole world seems to love it. I don't think it does much in terms of improving the longevity of my makeup, but it gives me one hell of a glow. Even once I've applied foundation over this, somehow I still look like a glowing goddess and I honestly have no complaints about that. When we went to Berlin, we obviously had time to kill in Duty Free so I ended up getting the Nina Ricci Luna Le Belles perfume. I think this will always remind me of our time in Berlin, so it has a kind of sentimental value to it now, but it also smells amazing. I'm rubbish at describing perfumes so go give it a sniff if you're interested, its got something like orange blossom and wild berries in it and it smells sweet but classy at the same time (yep, worst perfume description ever). I also won a blog giveaway a little while ago as well (which never happens so thank you!), and bagged myself two Dior goodies. I got the Dior Addict lipstick in Turn Me Dior which has an amazing hydrating and glossy formula, its also a pretty raspberry-red colour which I'm in love with and the nail polish which is also in the shade Turn Me Dior. It means I can be all matchy matchy and cute, but I also just love the shade. Thats all for recent additions to my stash for now, but as I'm writing this I know I've accumulated many more things since taking this photo so prepare yourself for a little more hauling coming your way soon.

Have you picked up any new beauty goodies recently?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig