Thursday, 16 March 2017

Shop My Stash (Makeup I've Forgotten About)

From time to time I like to go through my makeup collection and have a little look around. When I purchase new products I tend to forget about what I was using before, so its nice to go back and refresh my memory on the products I once loved. Its usually blushers I forget about as I tend to buy the most of these (for some reason) so that tends to be what I have to make myself rotate the most often.



Swatches left to right: Coral Crush, Sugarbomb, Hervana, Janet, Flower Power, Curvy Contour

First up on the pile of things I need to remind myself that I own is the Gosh Natural Blush in Flower Power. This is such a pretty matte shade that really brightens up the face. Its genuinely a shame that this has ended up at the back of a drawer! I remember when this was pretty much the only blush I would use so I'm preparing myself to become obsessed with this all over again. Other blushes that I've forgotten about are my Benefit boxes blushes. I have Hervana and Sugarbomb. I remember when the beauty community was decided on owning every single one of these but I only ended up with two in my stash. Sugarbomb is quite an orangey blush on me but it has a beautiful shimmer to it which gives me a really nice subtle glow. Hervana is matte but all the shades together create a really soft pink that looks very natural and flattering on the face. I think I'll more use out of Hervana for now, just because Sugarbomb can look a little odd on me when I'm so pale at this time of year. Another blush thats been neglected a little is the New CID iGlow in Coral Crush. I used this for the first time again just a few days ago and my goodness I 100% remember why this was a favourite for me. Its the perfect peachy pink blush but it also pretty much doubles as a highlighter because its so glowy! I tend to apply my blush on the tops of my cheekbones anyways and when I wear this on a daily basis I do tend to skip the highlight (which is some kind or miracle for me). Its not chunky and glittery at all, it just leaves a really subtle sheen to the skin which is beautiful. For Christmas I was lucky enough to receive the Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow as a gift, which is pretty much cheekbones in a tub if you ask me. Before I was using this I was using the Clinique Chubby Cheeks Contour and I genuinely forgot how much I love it. Its a very bendable product and the shade (for me) works for both bronzing and contouring. I feel like this is a good one for the summer as its super easy to apply so I'm definitely going to make the effort to dig this out more often! I also managed to forget about two of my old favourite foundations. The Bare Minerals Original Foundation is such a good product and I always end up forgetting I own this. It blends into the skin so seamlessly but it doesn't look heavy or like I'm wearing a lot of makeup which is really nice. Its powder, so it can be a little messy to work with if you're not careful but I love it all the same. I also found my beloved Vichy Dermablend Foundation* which is something I think everyone should own in their collection. Its super full coverage but if applied in the right way it can look really flawless on the skin, Ive been enjoying applying this over my problem areas first before I go in with a more lightweight foundation and its a really nice way to conceal my spots without adding loads of heavy concealer. Last up is a lipstick, I remember when the Nars Audacious lipsticks launched and everyone went crazy for the formula and wanted all the shades. I picked up Janet sometime after all the hype was over and Its a really pretty dark plum shade. The formula of these is really opaque and the colour of this lipstick is a totally me shade so I'm going to make sure I reach for this more often when I want to wear something bold.

Have you rediscovered any makeup products lately?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig