Lip Picks To Sail Into Spring

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Its been little warmer here in the UK for the past few weeks and I thought it was only appropriate to start talking about my makeup picks for the spring season. It might be a little early for some considering its still February but I feel like I can maybe give you some inspiration before the season really hits us.




Swatches R-L: Stila Fuchsia, Nars Torres Del Paine, NYX Apple Strudel, YSL 41, Bourjois Peach on the Beach, Mac Kittenish, Clinique Melon Pop.

For me, spring is always about the peaches, oranges and playful pinks. I always like to change up my lips so I've focussed this post to give your some lip inspiration. For lip gloss, I always bust out my trusty NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel. Its a perfect peach shade and the formula of these lip glosses are super light and easy to wear as well. I'm also a fan of the Boujois Colour Boost Lip Pencil in Peach on The Beach. As the name suggests its the perfect peach shade and I pretty much wear it non stop at this time of year. Chubby pencils tend to be the ones I reach for, for my lips when it gets warmer as they're much easier to apply and touch up on the go. The Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Torres Del Paine, and all of their satin lip pencils in general are a dream to wear. They're very lightweight on the lips and most of them are super pigmented too. On the more pinky side, Mac Patent Lip Polish in Kittenish is a winner for me, in all honesty I wear this all year round. Its a great, moisturizing product that goes with most of the eye looks I opt for. They're pretty buildable too which means if you're having a lazier day then you don't have to wear them at their fullest opacity. In terms of actual lipsticks, I always go for the ones with an easy wearing formula. The Clinique Pop Lip Colours have a lovely mosturising quality to them and the Melon Pop shade is just perfect in my opinion. Another formula that I love, but is also very expensive is the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine. Its so fuss free and glides onto the lips, it genuinely feels like I'm wearing lip balm. The shade 41 is a lovely coral that looks really pretty when you just want to add a touch of colour to your lips. A multi tasking product that always hits the spot for adding a fresh pop of colour to my cheeks is the Stila Convertible Colour in Fuchsia. I don't always love the way it wears on my lips but on the cheeks it always looks so pretty and dewy. 

What are your favourite lip products for spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment